Search this blog





Look whats new! Look whats fresh! Look what is coming your way!


SOME REALLY GREAT CONTESTS ARE ON THE WAY!


Make sure to enter all of the contests I have running right now. There are so many I could never list them all. To get to the other contests please use the blog archive links on the side of the page. Don't forget to click on 2009 too, some are Active. You can also use
the link to all contests button on the side.


New Link To All Contests on The Side, one stop Shopping!



Port a Pong and the Jewel Basket are both Our contests of the day!! Get an extra entry daily EACH in any contest by entering them and by posting you read it in the header! You must enter Port a Pong Daily first to get a bonus entry!


Don't Forget to Check Back for New Contests, Book and Product Reviews and to see the Coming soon boxes filled in!

New Book Reviews have just been Posted!



Keep your eyes out for the new product reviews we have coming in the next week or so. Also look out for the new safety link! I am going to launch it with many reviews and giveaways! First is a Mommy I'm Here review, as busy as Rowan is I think I am going to need it. Do you know this lets you know when your child is too far or lost? Will it slow Rowan down who just found out how to escape her high chair?


DUM
DUM

DUM
We will see!

JUST IN~I have added Top Ten list's for Rowan and My Self and they are there to make your shopping a little more easy! If you are looking for a gift or something for yourself and want to know a great place to shop or what to buy Jr. check out the
list, I have you covered! There is also a new safety
guide for some great ideas and products for your
home and to keep your family safe.


There is also a Easter Gift Guide with all your needs!

MAKE SURE TO KEEP UP WITH THE LOOK WHAT'S NEW LINK ON THE SIDE FOR SOMETHING NEW IS ALWAYS IN THE WORKS! I have lots of contests and product reviews planned and I list everything there.


Have you Checked this weeks Recipe?
Yum, Yum, Yum!

If there is something you guys want to see leave it in feed back or feel free to email anytime!


Brand New Fast Travel
Need to get somewhere fast? Just click here!




All Contest Listings


Look What Is New!

Winners List

Saturday, March 6, 2010

Patient Style Review and Giveaway!  

Nobody wants to be sick, that's a fact. And an
even bigger fact is nobody wants to be in the
hospital and I for one can't stand it at all. I
am about the biggest baby when it comes to pain
and even more so with needles but Hospitals, eeeww
I am shivering just thinking about it. In the last
few years I have been in patient more times then I
would have liked. The first one was when I had a
major surgery about 4 years ago. I knew going in
I would be in there for around 4 days, I should
have been prepared and truth be told the first day
I had the surgery went by and I could not have told
you one thing about that day I was so doped up.
The second day I was in and out but by the third
I was done hitting that little be no more pain button
that pumps Morphine into you whenever you press
it. I could only think of going home. When my
Doctor made his morning rounds he asked how I
was doing and I told him fine, I want to go home.
At first he laughed it off and tried to change the
subject but I was adamant about going home and
kept coming back to it. His final question was,
"are you sure you would be alright at home?"
and I explained that all I was doing was laying in
bed here and I could do that just as well in my
own bed. He said he would sign the discharge
papers as long as I promised to come back at the
first sign of anything hinkey! I agreed and he left.
Soon after the nurse came and I told her I was
going to call for my ride and she told me it would
take a while for the discharge to go through. I told
her that was fine, I needed to get my stuff together.
This was at 7 am and my idea of a while was an
hour or so and I now know her idea was a lot
different. I waited 45 minutes and called home for
a ride. It was about a 30 minute drive and 15
minutes later the nurse was still not back to have
me sign away my life. I paged her and she was
shocked to see me packed to go, all I had left to do
was get the IV removed. I asked her about the papers
and she told me that they would be ready in the
afternoon sometime. I explained my ride was already
in route and I could not wait that long because to me
that was like waiting a whole other day. She said she
would go see if she could speed it up and I waited
another 20 minutes before I just took the IV out myself.
Boy was she mad! The next few times I was in the
hospital pretty much went the same way the last being
when I had Rowan for when I had Andrew they were
sending you home in 24 hours and now they make
you wait at least 48. I wanted to go home the next
morning and threw a fit. To keep me there my doctor
wrote me a day pass so I could leave the floor and
walk out side. He did me a big favor for the Hospital
was none to pleased but he knew me well and knew
I would just go home if he didn't do something to let
me get some air and fast. Anything to avoid being
there. Well, if I would have had some of the items
this next review has I might have stayed a little longer.
I can't say for sure but I surely would have been more
comfortable each time.
Patient Style has all sorts of fabulous luxury
items for people who need it the most. Those
poor souls trapped in the Vampire wards without
a sympathetic Doctor like mine who allowed me
to wander about. From Expecting Moms to the
little bundles them self to the guy a few wards
over who is forced to survive on Jello and bad
jokes from his tone deaf room mate with a penance
for song, Patient Style has you covered. Literally.
They have gowns that offer a snap down back so
your booty is not hanging out for the world too
see, or even that Sadist Nurse that keeps poking
you for no reason. I swear she made up reasons!
Blood, blood, blood, we need more blood. I can't
make enough blood for that lady, just what is she
doing with it all? The gowns not only come in a
bevy of designer fashions they are also 100% cotton
and if you have a nurse that doesn't delight in your
pain like mine did they also offer PJ's as well!
Ladies, Gents and Kids! They even have some
lightweight cotton Robes that are super soft and also
warm and just pretty enough where you might feel
like you have to strut your stuff walking down the
halls!

For Moms they have Nursing covers and
some of the most adorable Baby items such as Blankets
and Gowns, Swaddlers and Slings. I completely gushed
at the Animal themed Swaddle blankets and I am so
bummed I missed them when Rowan was little for
they absolutely to die for! The Little Bee had me
laughing so hard I was in tears! For review I was
sent a pair of their Anti-microbial Socks in Chenille.
These puppies are so soft and comfy I feel like I am
walking on little clouds of silky air and I need about
20 more pair now for I am wearing them, tossing
them in the wash and walking around barefoot to
they dry then wearing them some more for I just
have fallen completely and totally head over heals
in love with these. I have never felt a softer sock
and you guys, Shhhhhhh, 2 things, one, no laughing
and 2, well 3 things for 2 is no laughing too and 3
is don't tell everyone, Gezz, it isn't like I want this
in public, but I have a thing about socks. When I
was working I spent 10-12 hours on my feet every
day. Now I had to wear dress clothes to work such
as suits and dresses and skirts but for shoes I
needed something that matched and was comfortable.
Even more so on the comfort part for I am also in
the kitchen at times. They only thing that worked for
this was dress boots. I must have owned 30 pairs.
Now the thing is you wear Boots for 10-12 hours
a day where that time is spent on your feet, in
and out of sweltering kitchens and then frozen
walk-ins and then back to the kitchen. Other
times you are standing in a dish room that is
always flooded and a hose that leaks a constant
flow over your legs and feet. Just think what your
feet will be like by the end of the day. Now picture
it ten times worse and you will almost be there.
That gross. It was then I developed this sock thing
and every week I would stop at Target and grab a
couple of packs of Gym Socks for when I came home
at night I would take them off and throw them away
for they truly were that gross! SO sweaty and grimy
I knew I would never touch them again. Now shake
that thought out of your head. Now if I had been
wearing these socks I might not have been able to
do it! They are that spectacular! So soft you could
also cuddle with them! Wow, I just listened to my
self and I think I am border line fetish, I had better
move on!


Now you don't have to be in the Hospital to
benefit from Patient Style. A friend or loved one there
can too! ( pst, another little secrete is a lot of their
items would work just as well in the comfort of your
own home. Patient Style even has gift baskets you are
just not going to get at the Hospital gift shop. They
have pre-made baskets to deal with just about every
reason someone you know might be there in the first
place. Now I never know just what to say and have
the worst time thinking of a get well gift for anyone.
My thing is cooking and Baking and I think the people
who tend to the prisoner, er, I mean patients, might
object if I wheeled in a Lasagna and a bottle of wine
with some Bread Pudding with Vanilla Glaze on top.
Instead grab one of their super reasonably priced, way
more affordable then the 16 dollar rattle I bought for
Rowan when she was there that first week, baskets.
They come in common ailments such as Cancer, Heart,
Diabetes and Pain Relief as well as a general get
well basket. They also have Ones for Mommy to
be, Mommy now and even baby and children. I
got a kick out of the one children's basket for
they named it the Boredom Buster. Now I pray I
will never need a gift for a child but this would
be it should my prayers ever fail. I have got to
say, sadly I have been in a lot of Hospital gift
shops in my time and I have never seen items
as refreshing as this. Not one thing in any of
the Baskets will get them in trouble with Nurse
Ratchet and when they leave they have a hand
made basket to use to cheer up the next friend!
Patient Style may not keep you out of the hospital
but they sure a the cure for a lot of other things!











Patient Style has a pair of these awesome, warm, soft
and adorable Slipper socks for you too! To enter just
head over to their site and take a look around then come
back her and post what item you would want someone to
get for you should you ever be in the Hospital. The contest
will start tonight and run to Midnight on April 21st.
USA and 18 and older can enter daily and the winner
will be contacted by email and have 72 hours to
contact me with their mailing information. As always
you can earn a bonus entry by entering the contest of
the day every day and then posting that you did here
and other ways to enter are posted below.


Patient Style




Extra entries.
Extra entries only count after the initial entry
is completed.


1. Become a follower of my blog or Twitter
and post that you are. 3 entries,
please post 3 times.


2. Tweet about my blog and post the link
here. 5 entries, please post five times.


3. Grab my button. 5 entries. Please post
5 times.


4. Blog about this contest somewhere else
and post the link here. 5 Entries Please
post five times.






Hey there, while you are here don't forget to enter
my Mommy Tool Box and Port a Pong Contests!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



50 comments: to “ Patient Style Review and Giveaway!

Picture I used on cards

Picture I used on cards
Rowan with soap hair