Search this blog





Look whats new! Look whats fresh! Look what is coming your way!


SOME REALLY GREAT CONTESTS ARE ON THE WAY!


Make sure to enter all of the contests I have running right now. There are so many I could never list them all. To get to the other contests please use the blog archive links on the side of the page. Don't forget to click on 2009 too, some are Active. You can also use
the link to all contests button on the side.


New Link To All Contests on The Side, one stop Shopping!



Port a Pong and the Jewel Basket are both Our contests of the day!! Get an extra entry daily EACH in any contest by entering them and by posting you read it in the header! You must enter Port a Pong Daily first to get a bonus entry!


Don't Forget to Check Back for New Contests, Book and Product Reviews and to see the Coming soon boxes filled in!

New Book Reviews have just been Posted!



Keep your eyes out for the new product reviews we have coming in the next week or so. Also look out for the new safety link! I am going to launch it with many reviews and giveaways! First is a Mommy I'm Here review, as busy as Rowan is I think I am going to need it. Do you know this lets you know when your child is too far or lost? Will it slow Rowan down who just found out how to escape her high chair?


DUM
DUM

DUM
We will see!

JUST IN~I have added Top Ten list's for Rowan and My Self and they are there to make your shopping a little more easy! If you are looking for a gift or something for yourself and want to know a great place to shop or what to buy Jr. check out the
list, I have you covered! There is also a new safety
guide for some great ideas and products for your
home and to keep your family safe.


There is also a Easter Gift Guide with all your needs!

MAKE SURE TO KEEP UP WITH THE LOOK WHAT'S NEW LINK ON THE SIDE FOR SOMETHING NEW IS ALWAYS IN THE WORKS! I have lots of contests and product reviews planned and I list everything there.


Have you Checked this weeks Recipe?
Yum, Yum, Yum!

If there is something you guys want to see leave it in feed back or feel free to email anytime!


Brand New Fast Travel
Need to get somewhere fast? Just click here!




All Contest Listings


Look What Is New!

Winners List

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Alight.com Review and Monthly Contest!  


I was born on a diet. Like most people who
spend their lives on one my weight and clothing size has
fluctuated all over the map. I have to keep four or five
complete wardrobes in my room at all times for one
month I will walk out the door a size 2 and six months
later a size 14. I gained 90 pounds with Rowan and
was glad I had my "other wardrobe" for it meant I
did not have to invest a small fortune in Maternity clothes
since I had tops to fit me right up to the end. One thing I have
noticed over the years is the clothes in the "Plus Size" side
of the store are never as cute as the clothes in the size
12 and below. What is that all about?

Do they think when women who are a certain size give up
the right to look good? The whole thing makes me steaming
mad. And come on now, do women who wear a size 2 in the first
place really think jeans that show their undies look good? That
one is just a personal peeve for it doesn't drag the men in just
the rest of us ladies going ""what is she thinking?" I could just
never understand how they could make this incredible cute
pair of pants in size 12 and then when I walk across the isle
to the plus size it is no where to be found. Did they lose the
pattern right before they got to that size? Who is the person
that gets to sit in an office and say, "No, only offer that
in anorexic to size 12. Nobody else would want to wear it!"
What gives this person the right to decide what clothes
we want to wear? I curse them all with a really bad case of
B.O so it doesn't matter what size they can wear they
still stink!

When I shop on-line I never look at the writing on the
site until I have checked out the goods. If I look at the home
page and don't see clothes I like I just move on. Why bother
reading the fine print if you can't stand the print on the pattern?
When I stumbled upon alight I didn't even notice is was a plus
size store. All I noticed was 'Ohhhhhhhhh," and "ahhhhhhhhhh,"
and quiet a few "I need that's." I didn't even get off the landing
page and I was already hooked! On the home page in the center
they have a box with an article of clothing in it and the shirt
they had showing when I landed was just my style and then it                   

changed to another shirt, wouldn't you know it, that was me too,
then another and another. I must have sat there glued to that
one box until the whole series ran through a couple of times.
It wasn't until I clicked on the link that read 500 dresses that
I even realized I was on a Plus sized site for at the top of the
home page for dresses it says "Plus Size Dresses." I didn't have
a clue until then for these were the adorable clothes and
I did not see any of the tell tale boring styles you normally
get at a Plus Size Store. Everything I saw was full of life and
color and cut flattering not in the atypical square boring style
I came to dread at Layne Bryant and other stores like that.
I had to write these guys and let them know how awesome
I thought their clothing was! They have this flapper style dress
I would just love to wear on New Years Eve and it was totally
affordable! When I spoke with them I let them know that
I had a review web site and they offered to send me a shirt for
review. I had no idea what was going to come and after looking
through their line up I really didn't care. I do have to warn you
though when they have 500, they mean 500 and that is just the
dresses.There are just as many tops and tons of other category's
to choose from!

The shirt that came was stunning! I can so see
myself wearing this for a casual night out with the girls or at a
BBQ. It is trendy and light and though it is an every day shirt
it looks like it is an everyday shirt someone with a lot higher
income bracket then I have would wear. Do you ever get that
feeling when you put on a certain article of clothing that you
just feel fresh and new and want the world to know how great
you feel and go show off? That is how the shirt made me feel!
The shirt is a light breezy white fabric with gorgeous wooden
beading on the front and done in the Bo ho Style. The drawstring       

waist makes it even better for someone like me who's weight
goes up and down the scale like keys on a piano. As I do with
any clothing I picked at the seems, beading and looked for lose
threads. I don't know why I started doing that but it has since
become my standard test of an items quality and this shirt
passes with flying colors. So let's go through the check list here;
1. Very affordable with sale prices on Dresses and Tops as
low as $9.00
2. A selection so vast you would have to take the afternoon
off from work to view it all!
3. Great Quality. This is one of those rare instances where you
don't get what you pay for you get more then you pay for!
4. Everything here is Fashionable! It is truly time Jill Thin
down the block stops and looks at my outfit and goes,
"Wow, where did you find that? Does it come in my size?"
and then you can go, "Nope." and smile!


Even better alight has offered something truly fantastic for you
guys. They are going to award one of my readers a shirt. To enter
all you have to do is join their news letter. Not good enough?
Well, they didn't think so either so they are going to award a
shirt to one of my readers every month for the next 3 months.
Non-winning entries will be carried over to the next month.
The contest will start today, December 20th and end January
31st, February 28th and March 31st.
USA and 18 and older can enter daily and the winner
will be contacted by email and have 72 hours to
contact me with their mailing information. As always
you can earn a bonus entry by entering the contest of
the day and other ways to enter are posted below.
alight.com

Extra entries.
Extra entries only count after the initial entry
is completed.

1. Become a follower of my blog or
post that you are. 3 entries,
please post 3 times.

2. Enter any of my other contest. I entry
per contest, separate post for each entry.

3. Grab my button. 5 entries. Please post
5 times.

4. Blog about this contest somewhere else
and post the link here. 5 Entries Please
post five times.

5. Follow alight on Twitter. 3 entries, please
post 3 times.

6. Re tweet -Because I said so! Mom knows best! is
having an alight.com give away! 5 entries, please
post twitter name once and 5 times for entry

Hey there, while you are here don't forget to enter
my Rasco Dog and Simple Human Contests!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



303 comments: to “ Alight.com Review and Monthly Contest!

Picture I used on cards

Picture I used on cards
Rowan with soap hair