Search this blog





Look whats new! Look whats fresh! Look what is coming your way!


SOME REALLY GREAT CONTESTS ARE ON THE WAY!


Make sure to enter all of the contests I have running right now. There are so many I could never list them all. To get to the other contests please use the blog archive links on the side of the page. Don't forget to click on 2009 too, some are Active. You can also use
the link to all contests button on the side.


New Link To All Contests on The Side, one stop Shopping!



Port a Pong and the Jewel Basket are both Our contests of the day!! Get an extra entry daily EACH in any contest by entering them and by posting you read it in the header! You must enter Port a Pong Daily first to get a bonus entry!


Don't Forget to Check Back for New Contests, Book and Product Reviews and to see the Coming soon boxes filled in!

New Book Reviews have just been Posted!



Keep your eyes out for the new product reviews we have coming in the next week or so. Also look out for the new safety link! I am going to launch it with many reviews and giveaways! First is a Mommy I'm Here review, as busy as Rowan is I think I am going to need it. Do you know this lets you know when your child is too far or lost? Will it slow Rowan down who just found out how to escape her high chair?


DUM
DUM

DUM
We will see!

JUST IN~I have added Top Ten list's for Rowan and My Self and they are there to make your shopping a little more easy! If you are looking for a gift or something for yourself and want to know a great place to shop or what to buy Jr. check out the
list, I have you covered! There is also a new safety
guide for some great ideas and products for your
home and to keep your family safe.


There is also a Easter Gift Guide with all your needs!

MAKE SURE TO KEEP UP WITH THE LOOK WHAT'S NEW LINK ON THE SIDE FOR SOMETHING NEW IS ALWAYS IN THE WORKS! I have lots of contests and product reviews planned and I list everything there.


Have you Checked this weeks Recipe?
Yum, Yum, Yum!

If there is something you guys want to see leave it in feed back or feel free to email anytime!


Brand New Fast Travel
Need to get somewhere fast? Just click here!




All Contest Listings


Look What Is New!

Winners List

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SnowStoppers Review and Giveaway!  


Brrrrrrrrrrr, welcome to Michigan, home of the Freezing
cold, foot after foot of snow and Drifts so high instead
of making a snow fort out of them you can make a snow
apartment complex. I hate just walking out to the car
for the wind chill knocks my socks off and I can not
bundle up enough! When I take out Johns old Beater
of a truck it is even worse for you spend all that time
clearing the windows and snow off of everything and
then jump in and start her up and it takes 42 years
to even feel the heat. John is such a baby he will leave
it to the windshield wipers to remove the snow and
ice and scares the Bejesus out of me for I can't stand it
when he starts to move the truck and there is only a tiny
spot he can see out of and no spot that I can see out
of. I keep waiting for the impending CRUNCH of his truck
taking out a stop sign or worse yet, another car for
his line of sight has got to be skewed! What is funny though
is when I was a child I could not wait to go out in the snow.
I would spend the whole day laying out in a snow bank making
forts, snow balls and snow men and try to stop me from
covering the whole yard with snow angels. My Grandmother
would stand at the door and scream for me to come in
begging to get out of the cold with it only open a crack so
the Arctic chill wouldn't follow me in! I would slam a cup
of Cocoa and go right back out. The whole City would be
shut down and frozen over and you could look down any
block and see hoards of kids all over the streets! I remember
one time in particular that we had an ice storm, 1977, and
this shut down everything for almost a week. Jobs, School,
the streets and more. A lot of places did not even have power
and people were huddled in their homes trying to keep warm
but still, the streets were flooded with children having
a blast and thinking the ice storm was the best thing
to ever happen!
Years later on a snow day I look outside and smile.
Somethings never change and my son used to sit right by
my side on Mornings that the snow had fell the entire night
before and watch the school closings just hoping he could
run out and play. I helped him with forts and castles and
had more then one snow ball fight and those crowds of
kids, yes, they are still there, laughing and playing
and making Angels and hoping their parents don't call
them in for even though they love the Hot Chocolate
they love the snow even more! Little snow suits and
mitten and gloves are replaced with fresh dry ones and
with a pat on the butt they are sent back out to play!
I remember how much fun I had but as a Parent when
Andrew was young I remember a whole other set of
items too, the worries.
Is he warm enough?
Is He Dry enough?
Are the hat and mittens he is wearings staying on snugly?
Is the water seeping through?
Is the hat slipping off and not covering his ears?
I don't even know why I bothered to stay in the house
for I was out and checking on him a zillion times a hour
and unlike my Grandmother who cracked the door, here
I am out there in slippers and a thin T-shirt adjusting his
clothes and pretty much embarrassing him to death in front
of his friends. Most of his snow gear was pieced together
from different stores and nobody really carried complete
selections of children's items for it was always a little of
this and a little of that and heaven forbid you get there
after October first for then everything was so picked over
you were lucky to find a pair of mittens that had a left
and a right, let alone be ridiculous enough to assume
they might allow you the luxury of a choice in products.
I could never understand how Michigan retailers could
get away with this for um, HELLO, it snows every single
year and kids grow every single year and parents have to
buy new items every single year so you think they would
cater to that. I guess the reasoning is beggars can't be
choosers so you take what you can get. Well my son was
born on the dawn of the Internet and my daughter is here
at a time when I now have a choice and can assure what I
dress her in is not only stylish and cute but functional,
of great quality and truly effective. In short, I want her
to be able to play and me to be able to breath at the same
time with out constantly freaking out that she is warm and
toasty and wearing a hat and mittens that are sub par and
leak.


Unlike the retail stores here where I walk in to
look for items and I am directed to an area, then a
shelf in the area and then a spot on the shelf in the
area and told here are your choices, on line they were
vast and it seemed like a daunting task to find the best.
Wow, I thought I would be searching through site after
site for forever and a day! Then I came across SnowStoppers!
Now only do they offer a choice of nylon or fleece Hats
and Mittens and Gloves these guys are a store that caters
to kids! They even carry extra small sizes for your toddlers
so they can get out there with their brothers and sisters and
play too! I sent them an email letting them know how
glad I was to find them and they offered to send me some
for review to let me see for myself how great these were.
I was sent a selection of sizes and materials and for one,
I can not help but to look at a little child's anything and not
go aweeeeeeeeee, for if you take any item and make it
pint size it is always too cute for words and the mittens
and gloves did not disappoint. They were adorable. The
Quality of both designs ( Nylon and Fleece ) were both
top shelf for I yanked like a mad woman on any part
I could pull on and nothing short of a blow torch is going
to pull these apart. I tossed them in the washer and dryer
for the standard four loads a day for four days and they look
like day one and did not shrink at all in the dryer and that
was a concern for there is nothing I hate more then
getting pair of gloves or mitten in the perfect size then
washing them and POOF they are two sizes too small.
These not only looked great after washing they held their
size. I am also a busy Mom and unless something is a dress
only item I seldom take the time to read washing instructions
so I could not even tell you if you are supposed to wash
them on a normal cycle and truth be told I didn't even
care, I had to see with my own eyes for at my house
they will make it into a normal cycle sooner or later so
I had to know. Perfection!


Now came the ultimate test! The Kids! SnowStoppers
was super to me and sent a bunch of different sizes so
I decided to go all out with the Mittens and John has three
Nephews who are aged 2, 4, and 6 and live in the country.
Who better to test then three rugged boys? These boys
have their hands in everything and it doesn't matter if the
snow is slushy or wet, muddy or icky and just like Iron Man
the cold just doesn't register and their Mom is always trying
to drag them back in before they catch pneumonia due to
the fact they just won't come in on their own. We thought,
oh yes, perfect test subjects. We have also been having
scattered snow storms around here and it was the perfect
time to do the test. Fresh Snow, heavy wet snow at that,
and 3 boys to play in it! Off they went. 3 hours they were
out there. Even their snow suits were soaked through
and us adults had to take turns on who went and stayed
with them for like the big babies we all were, it was too
cold! As we were peeling things off, and the Hot Chocolate
was heating, we started checking hands. DRY! As a group
of Moms we pretty much could not believe it and flipped the
Mittens inside out and the whole inside was dry. Now the
Coats and snow pants were wet inside and out but these
Mittens were still warm and dry after being in snow for
hours and wet snow at that. Perfect!


What makes the SnowStoppers so remarkable is the
SnowStopper Sleeve. It goes under the coat and over
the child and stops the snow from getting inside so
the effect is the mittens do not fall off and your child
does not get cold! Michigan Moms can not ask for more
then that. Hours of fun, dry children and a perfect Mitten
or Glove! YES! The mittens also feature thinsulate and
a waterproof liner so the kids stay super warm. The Hats
are just as awesome and I loved the Chin strap for
it is thick and stays put and doesn't come unhooked with
one turn of the head as so many others do! They also
have an eMitt flip top for older kids and Adults that is a
mitten and glove all in one and perfect for cold winters
and playing with the kids! Now Mom and Dad can stay
warm to as the kids laugh in delight every time the mean
little monsters peg me with another snowball! Boys!
I am so glad Rowan will be a sweet little angel next year
when she is out in the snow and won't get a kick out
of taking down Mommy. We all know Daddy is the
better target. SnowStoppers also have a line of Polar
Hoods and these rock at keeping Mom and Dad warm for
I freeze like crazy and I am the tuff one at our house,
John is the baby. Last thing I want to tell you is that
though their Mittens and Gloves are Hot their Prices
are Cool! Super affordable that you don't have to wait
for a end of season clearance sale just to suit up
your kids. Better yet, you get an even better deal on
a set! Now that is cool!


SnowStoppers has even offered to give some of my
readers a set of their own! Two of my readers will win
a Hat and Mitten set from SnowStoppers. Your children
will never stay so warm! To enter just head over to the
site and take a look around then come back here and
post what you saw in a comment. The contest will start
tonight and run to Midnight on March 1st.
USA and 18 and older can enter daily and the winner
will be contacted by email and have 72 hours to
contact me with their mailing information. As always
you can earn a bonus entry by entering the contest of
the day and other ways to enter are posted below.

SnowStoppers


Extra entries.
Extra entries only count after the initial entry
is completed.

1. Become a follower of my blog or
post that you are. 3 entries,
please post 3 times.

2. Enter any of my other contest. I entry
per contest, separate post for each entry.

3. Grab my button. 5 entries. Please post
5 times.

4. Blog about this contest somewhere else
and post the link here. 5 Entries Please
post five times.

Hey there, while you are here don't forget to enter
my Pepper and Tanky and Bebe Soleil Contests!

Check Out SnowStoppers on my Valentines Day
Gift Guide!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



206 comments: to “ SnowStoppers Review and Giveaway!

Picture I used on cards

Picture I used on cards
Rowan with soap hair