Search this blog





Look whats new! Look whats fresh! Look what is coming your way!


SOME REALLY GREAT CONTESTS ARE ON THE WAY!


Make sure to enter all of the contests I have running right now. There are so many I could never list them all. To get to the other contests please use the blog archive links on the side of the page. Don't forget to click on 2009 too, some are Active. You can also use
the link to all contests button on the side.


New Link To All Contests on The Side, one stop Shopping!



Port a Pong and the Jewel Basket are both Our contests of the day!! Get an extra entry daily EACH in any contest by entering them and by posting you read it in the header! You must enter Port a Pong Daily first to get a bonus entry!


Don't Forget to Check Back for New Contests, Book and Product Reviews and to see the Coming soon boxes filled in!

New Book Reviews have just been Posted!



Keep your eyes out for the new product reviews we have coming in the next week or so. Also look out for the new safety link! I am going to launch it with many reviews and giveaways! First is a Mommy I'm Here review, as busy as Rowan is I think I am going to need it. Do you know this lets you know when your child is too far or lost? Will it slow Rowan down who just found out how to escape her high chair?


DUM
DUM

DUM
We will see!

JUST IN~I have added Top Ten list's for Rowan and My Self and they are there to make your shopping a little more easy! If you are looking for a gift or something for yourself and want to know a great place to shop or what to buy Jr. check out the
list, I have you covered! There is also a new safety
guide for some great ideas and products for your
home and to keep your family safe.


There is also a Easter Gift Guide with all your needs!

MAKE SURE TO KEEP UP WITH THE LOOK WHAT'S NEW LINK ON THE SIDE FOR SOMETHING NEW IS ALWAYS IN THE WORKS! I have lots of contests and product reviews planned and I list everything there.


Have you Checked this weeks Recipe?
Yum, Yum, Yum!

If there is something you guys want to see leave it in feed back or feel free to email anytime!


Brand New Fast Travel
Need to get somewhere fast? Just click here!




All Contest Listings


Look What Is New!

Winners List

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wild Cubs Review and Giveaway!  



Sometimes when you are not looking for anything
at all you stumble across the best treasures. That
is what happened to me not all the long ago. I love
Etsy and the shops there. I have told you guys many
times about my Grandmothers thing for Craft Shows and
how she would take me to them. Well I was still pretty
young when I became hooked on them myself and by the
time I was in my Mid-Teens I knew just as much about
them as she did and still can't resists going when I
see one. Craft shows are like re-occurring events and
the good ones turn up year after year at the same site
and develop these huge followings. We used to set our
calenders by a couple of them.
"Hey, Evelyn, would you and your Granddaughter like
to come on down for the weekend?"
No Dorthy, I am so sorry, the Pink Hippo is that weekend!"
Now to other people we might have seen a little nuts for
we passed up some pretty nice offers of trips and vacations
for they conflicted with some of our crafts shows but it
became like a family tradition to hit some of them every
year and going to those shows is one of the things I miss
most about spending the Summers with my Grandmother. Etsy
has served me well to help fill that void a little and had she
been alive I know without a shadow of a doubt she would love
Etsy just as much as I do. I also know it would have made
her last few years where she couldn't;t get out of bed much
more enjoyable for she could have live vicariously through
the shops there.
Now I often stroll through the shops when i get a chance
for it never ceases to amaze me some of the skills people have.
You can find some remarkable items and one of a kind pieces as
well as products I never knew you would be able to make at home.
I have been blown away more then once and have brought you a few
different stores from there but this next one sort of took me for
a loop for I didn't realize if you had some talent you could make
shoes at home. Looking back I feel silly for why wouldn't you be
able to? Shoe stores don't just pop up at malls completely developed
and big places like Reebok or Manolo Blahnik have to have gotten their
start somewhere and unless they have some rich friends who were willing
to take a chance and open a factory for them most likely that start
was in their own homes. But shoes? Wow, that is not like knitting
a scarf, shoes take some real work.
When I came across Wild Cubs on Etsy I was really, really impressed.
They reminded me of Robeez in their construction but only better.
When I say that, it is for two reasons, these are hand made and there for
a lot more attention to detail is paid. Each shoe gets that special touch
and love of their craft poured into its making. It shows in the end product
for the pair we received for review were put together so well even my dog
could not tear it apart and it just about broke my heart when she ran off
with it. It took all three of us almost two hours to get it back from her
and we had to pry it out of her mouth. No holes, no loose stitching and
not one sign of the trauma I know she had to have put that shoe through.
Now that speaks volumes to me for Boo is known to trash everything and has
gotten tearing her own toys up down to a science:
1. Toy comes home
2. You attempt to bring toy out of the bag and see a blur whiz by
3. You realize toy has been snatched already but stubby little dog
4. You go to play with toy and stubby little dog and grab one end
only to have it come off in your hands for she has already chewed
large holes in the toy in the 2 minutes it took you to locate her
after grab from bag.
When she grabbed my review shoes my heart sank for these are just the
right size for a Boo toy and I can understand her thinking it is for
her and as of late I have been having that problem with a lot of Rowans
things but she grabbed it right out of my hands before I even got to
look at the shoes and I was crying like a little school girl thinking
that was surely the end of them. But NO, they are put together so well
that not only were they still completely whole there was no damage at
all. I gave Boo the big long lecture on the shoe and she has not touched
them again since but when they are not on Rowans feet I am taking no
chances and putting them in her dresser drawer. Crazy Dog! Now she
did get her paws on a pair of Robeez and that is why I can firmly
say the shoes from Wild Cubs are better for her little pointy teeth went
through the Robeez like a hot knife through butter. She is lucky I had
bought them at a Garage sale and only paid a couple of bucks for if
these were right from Robeez and I paid the whopping price they ask
I would have duct Tapped her little mouth shut to Rowan was out of
the house, married and buying shoes for her own kids. I do almost feel
bad for the Pooch though for so many of Rowans things look like things
we have bought for her and she just doesn't get the attention she used
to. I am also happy Wild Cubs are made so great and stood up to the
little Puppy. Not only was the Leather thick enough to be durable it
was worked enough so it was soft and ply-able and moved with Rowans
feet. I spent a little time working with Leather when I was younger and
I know that she spends a lot of time getting it to be that soft and
flexible and still so durable. The second reason I think they are better
then Robeez is the price. Robeez are not a cheap shoe. I understand
they are leather and supposed to last and truth be told if the Robeez
I had bought did not meet up with the Pooch first I am sure they would
have lasted a long time but to buy a pair you are looking at 30 bucks
on up and that is if you can get them on sale. The Shoes from Wild
Cubs are 13.99!
WOW
WOW
WOW
Leather shoes, superb quality and design, tons of adorable styles. Able
to stand up to the Pooch and the Baby and fit like a dream all for
under 14 bucks.
Pinch me I am dreaming!
I received the Pink and Purple Pair with Guitars on them for
Review and they are just adorable. You guys know John is in a band
and Rowan is already a dancing fool so they just fit her personality
and when I was looking through their selection I realized a lot of them
would. They have my Skulls and you know I am going to get those
but also so many other styles for boys and girls and such lively items
too. Bright vivid colors that stand out and even boots to keep your little
one snug and warm in the winter. Such a great selection and such a
wonderful shoe it is only a matter of time before you find these everywhere
for when you make a product this good the word is sure to spread and
I am glad to be here at the start of the craze and even more glad that
I just happened to be killing some time on Etsy that day and came
across them. I just had to share with you!
The owner at Wild Cubs was a dream to work with and she is
offering to give one of my readers are pair of her shoes as well! To
enter the contest just head over to her store and take a look around
then come back here and post what style is your all time favorite in a
comment. The contest will start tonight and run to Midnight on April
13th.
USA and 18 and older can enter daily and the winner
will be contacted by email and have 72 hours to
contact me with their mailing information. As always
you can earn a bonus entry by entering the contest of
the day and other ways to enter are posted below.


Wild Cubs!




Extra entries.
Extra entries only count after the initial entry
is completed.


1. Become a follower of my blog or
post that you are. 3 entries,
please post 3 times.


2. Enter any of my other contest. I entry
per contest, separate post for each entry.


3. Grab my button. 5 entries. Please post
5 times.


4. Blog about this contest somewhere else
and post the link here. 5 Entries Please
post five times.


5. Tweet about this contest elsewhere. 5 entries
please post five times.


Hey there, while you are here don't forget to enter
my Mommy Tool Box and Port a Pong Contests!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



226 comments: to “ Wild Cubs Review and Giveaway!

Picture I used on cards

Picture I used on cards
Rowan with soap hair