Search this blog





Look whats new! Look whats fresh! Look what is coming your way!


SOME REALLY GREAT CONTESTS ARE ON THE WAY!


Make sure to enter all of the contests I have running right now. There are so many I could never list them all. To get to the other contests please use the blog archive links on the side of the page. Don't forget to click on 2009 too, some are Active. You can also use
the link to all contests button on the side.


New Link To All Contests on The Side, one stop Shopping!



Port a Pong and the Jewel Basket are both Our contests of the day!! Get an extra entry daily EACH in any contest by entering them and by posting you read it in the header! You must enter Port a Pong Daily first to get a bonus entry!


Don't Forget to Check Back for New Contests, Book and Product Reviews and to see the Coming soon boxes filled in!

New Book Reviews have just been Posted!



Keep your eyes out for the new product reviews we have coming in the next week or so. Also look out for the new safety link! I am going to launch it with many reviews and giveaways! First is a Mommy I'm Here review, as busy as Rowan is I think I am going to need it. Do you know this lets you know when your child is too far or lost? Will it slow Rowan down who just found out how to escape her high chair?


DUM
DUM

DUM
We will see!

JUST IN~I have added Top Ten list's for Rowan and My Self and they are there to make your shopping a little more easy! If you are looking for a gift or something for yourself and want to know a great place to shop or what to buy Jr. check out the
list, I have you covered! There is also a new safety
guide for some great ideas and products for your
home and to keep your family safe.


There is also a Easter Gift Guide with all your needs!

MAKE SURE TO KEEP UP WITH THE LOOK WHAT'S NEW LINK ON THE SIDE FOR SOMETHING NEW IS ALWAYS IN THE WORKS! I have lots of contests and product reviews planned and I list everything there.


Have you Checked this weeks Recipe?
Yum, Yum, Yum!

If there is something you guys want to see leave it in feed back or feel free to email anytime!


Brand New Fast Travel
Need to get somewhere fast? Just click here!




All Contest Listings


Look What Is New!

Winners List

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rainbow Bright Review and Giveaway!  

I just missed the boat with this next review. I am
maybe 5 or 6 years too old but I remember a lot of
my friends little brothers and sisters going absolutely
crazy for the Rainbow Brite Dolls. They had a TV show,
toys and games and then a whole bunch of Branded Items
and everywhere you looked there was Rainbow Brite These
gals made Holly look like she had a pretty lame Hobby!
When my son was born I really didn't see them around any
more and thought it wouldn't have mattered for he is a
boy and wouldn't have played with them anyways unless he
needed something for his G.I Joe's to beat up on. A few years
ago Johns Cousin had a Baby and she showed up here one
day with a Rainbow Brite Doll and I was a little surprised. I
asked her if she got it from her Mommy since Johns cousin
and his Daughters Mommy are a lot younger then we are.
I was thinking it might have been one of her old dolls for
I know I had a lot of my Moms old Doll. The sad part with
my Mom's old dolls is I wrecked them and hers were 1950
something Barbies and I could cry now thinking of how much
they are worth today. Any who, I asked if they were her
Mommies and she told me no, she had just got them for
her Birthday.
Huh?
I thought they sorta disappeared. But here is this little girl with
a brand spanking new one! Hum, what do I know. Well I again
put it out of my mind for if my son would not play with one
when he was a toddler I know he would never touch one now
as a 16 year old. I thought they were pretty darn cute but
all I have is Nephews that are young enough for dolls and
I might look a little, okay, a lot funny walking into Toys R Us
and buying myself a Rainbow Brite doll. Then I found out
I was pregnant and going to have a little girl. The first thing
I thought about was, "How cool, I get to play with dolls and
dress them up and play with them and I can do this and I
can do that!" I didn't think about names or what she is going
to grow up to be or how blessed I was to be having her, I
thought about playing dress up and playing with dolls and little
girl toys. Does that make me shallow? I mean really, I can assure
you guys once I am done playing with the dolls I promise to
give them to her. I just called dibs!  Well shortly after she was
born I got all dressed up to head off to the store and John
stopped me and asked where I was going.
"To the store."
"What store, you just went grocery shopping and when I
asked you yesterday if you needed anything while I was
out you told me no."
"Um, just running to get something for Rowan."
"Like what?"
"A Toy."
"What Toy, she is only 2 months, she doesn't really need
one."
"Nothing special. I just want to have it ready for when she needs
it."
"What Toy?" He repeated.
"Um, " I mumbled down to the ground. " A Barbie."
"Ah What? Did you just say Barbie? She is not
going to be playing with Barbies for many years yet.
You are joking right?"
"AH, well, really," I mean what do you say here?
Should I come clean and say the Barbie is for me
and Rowan is just my scapegoat or do I make
something up. I mean it is pretty hard to explain my
need for a Barbie or a Rainbow Brite doll to an
adult, even more so to a male adult. So I stammered and
made up a silly excuse about a sale and he gave me the
there will be other sales speech and I ended up with
no dolls are all. Now after all that you can imagine my
surprise when last week I went to grab the mail and there
was a box there. In the box was a what? Yes, you guessed
it, a Rainbow Brite Doll! I was delighted and was giggling like
some kind of maniac as I tore into it. Rowan sat in her high
chair just staring at me for I am pretty sure she thought her
Mommy was loosing her mind. Andrew walked in and I was
still giggling and he demanded to know what was wrong with me
and I couldn't tell him about the doll so I told him Rowan had
been making some funny faces. John walked in and took one
look at me then walked over and grabbed the doll, turned around
and gave it to Rowan.
The Horror!

I didn't even get to play with her hair or anything. They have
pretty hair too! I got one of ( Okay, Rowan got) the new ones
and out of the dolls they have today one has pigtails, another
a pony tale but the pony tale is the one I like for she has
little hair ties and you can style their hair in different ways. When
I had my own dolls and didn't have to share with Rowan I didn't
have cool little accessory's like that. The New Rainbow Brite dolls
are celebrating their 25th anniversary and they all have an up-dated
look. Hey, I got a make-over at 25 too! They still have their classic
bright colors but they are just brighter and the 10 inch dolls are
made better and given a brand new wholesome look. They all have
removable fashion accessory's and you can also get their companion
horses and let me rephrase that, you have to get the horsey for
they are just too cute. Rainbow Brite is an Icon for many people
and now with their new look and zest for life they are sure to
be an Icon for many kids today. Rowan loved her baby for she
is at the age where all dolls and stuffed animals are babies and
she has to hug and kiss each one. Now I have to beg that little
girl for a Hug and the plastic dolls get one free of charge. Now
like I said, Rowan loves hers but is still a little young to really play
with it and I can totally see a little girl a couple of years older
going nuts for these 3 little dolls for they are darling. And if the
doll itself isn't enough to keep your little Princess busy for hours
the web site is. Rainbow Brite is a division of Hallmark and via
their site you can get to the Rainbow Brite page where there are
loads of activities and things for your girls to do. The site has
games and activities and animation and tells you all about the
girls and is just a good way to have some fun! The dolls we
have is just too cute and is a great gift for any little girl. Toss
in a Horse to go with her and you have a Birthday gift or Easter
gift your little darling will never put down! Now these ladies
may have hit the scene 25 years ago but they are still stars and
shinning bright!

The folks over at Rainbow Brite also have a doll for one of
my readers. To enter just head over to their home at Hallmark
and take a look around then come back here and post what you
liked best! The contest will start tonight and run to Midnight on
April 20th.
USA and 18 and older can enter daily and the winner
will be contacted by email and have 72 hours to
contact me with their mailing information. As always
you can earn a bonus entry by entering the contest of
the day and other ways to enter are posted below.


Rainbow Brite




Extra entries.
Extra entries only count after the initial entry
is completed.


1. Become a follower of my blog or Twitter
and post that you are. 3 entries,
please post 3 times.


2. Enter any of my other contests. I entry
per contest, separate post for each entry.


3. Grab my button. 5 entries. Please post
5 times.


4. Blog about this contest somewhere else
and post the link here. 5 Entries Please
post five times.


5. Tweet about this contest. 5 entries
please post five times.


Hey there, while you are here don't forget to enter
my Mommy Tool Box and Port a Pong Contests!

What next?

You can also bookmark this post using your favorite bookmarking service:

Related Posts by Categories



151 comments: to “ Rainbow Bright Review and Giveaway!

Picture I used on cards

Picture I used on cards
Rowan with soap hair